Hello Guest

DevIL noob question

• 5 Replies
DevIL noob question
« on: March 31, 2007, 20:10:25 »
I am trying to run the Texture Mapping (Lesson06) from the Nehe site but seem to have some problems.   I downloaded the DevIL jars and have them in my classpath.  Im not sure(cant remember) which directory the .dll files go in.  is it WINDOWS\System or WINDOWS\System32???   I have them right now in the System32 directory but when i run the program (im using Intellij) I immediately get an error: Run Error   Error Running <defualt>: No junit.jar:Project and Libraries

My questions are:
1:  Which directory do the .dll files go into for all lwjgl .dll and DevIL .dll
2:  How do I overcome the junit.jar error?  I dont even have anything in my project dealing with JUnit.

Thanks for your help,
filzr

Offline Matzon

Re: DevIL noob question
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 07:03:01 »
all the dll's stay where you extract them. NEVER ever copy or move them to jre/ext OR System OR System32 OR Windows.
Then you pass -Djava.library.path=path\to\extracted\dll's on the command line.

As for the junit stuff, that has nothing to do with lwjgl - must be a project error.

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 23:18:34 »
hmm...the only way i coudl get any of the examples to work in Intellij was to copy those files to the system directory.   im not using the -D command at all....i press play and it runs, i really dont like compiling and running from the command line. ???

Offline oNyx

• 弾幕
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 06:01:26 »
So... what did you do with the jars then? Did you use jre/ext for that? You shouldn't do that either.

The reason why you shouldn't do that kind of thing is because it creates compatibility issues.

Btw you don't have to use the command line. Any proper IDE lets you specify the cp and runtime switches.

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 11:00:25 »
hmm...the only way i coudl get any of the examples to work in Intellij was to copy those files to the system directory.   im not using the -D command at all....i press play and it runs, i really dont like compiling and running from the command line. ???

Intellij allows you to pass command line parameters to the JVM via the project settings. This will allow you to place the native libraries in a directory other than the system directories and pass the '-Djava.library.path=<path>' option to the JVM every time you execute from within the IDE. In case you don't have any documentation or help files for Intellij locally, a quick Google turned this up.

As a software developer, if you can't figure out how to do something with your tools always consult the product documentation first. It will usually save you time and headaches.

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 15:23:49 »
The jar files are in a directory where I keep all my 3rd party jar files.  In the project settings I just specify where these files are.  I do know that the command line options can be set with Intellij.  I just have never had a reason to do it before i guess. :-[   I can understand the compatability issues that were brougt up with the way that I said I build my project, and will remove the files and use the command line parameters.:)  thanks!