Lesson06 noob problem

Started by ararie, March 02, 2007, 03:38:52

Previous topic - Next topic

ararie

hi! i'm trying to run the Lesson06 from nehe.gamedev.org but it won't work!! i downloaded devil from the 0.94 version of lwjgl.  it compiles fine (i use jCreator coz i don't know how to compile from the command line)

i used this command: java -cp .;res;jar\lwjgl.jar;jar\lwjgl_devil.jar; -Djava.library.path=native\win32 Lesson06

a window shows up for like a second and then disappears.

i don't know what to do anymore >_< what did i do wrong??

Matzon

if there is no output, then it's probably exiting without actually telling what the error is. You should check the exceptions that are thrown.

bobjob

try run the command in a batch file (make sure u use java not javaw)
place pause after it, so u can read if there is any error comn throught the vm, ummmm.... u edit it urself or is it the original code, if its original, im blank

ararie

so i threw exceptions and now a window showed for a second and then i got a
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/lwjgl/devil/IL ...

is it the installation?

Matzon

you need to download the optional package which includes devil and add that to the classpath

ararie

i did.. i downloaded lwjgl-1.0 and then i downloaded the optional package and put the files in the jar folder where the rest are and then i used this command :

java -cp jar\lwjgl.jar;jar\lwjgl-devil.jar; -Djava.library.path=native\win32 Lesson06

Matzon

since you're getting a NoClassDefFoundError: org/lwjgl/devil/IL - I'm pretty sure its becase the VM feels that a No Class Definition Found Error was a valid thing to throw ;)

so, the devil classes aren't on your classpath, despite what you have typed on the command line.

ararie

hahah okay i got my stupid mistake.. it was lwjgl_devil not lwjgl-devil...

however now i'm back to where i was before... it showed a window with a black background for a second and then it disappears....

Matzon

I just downloaded it, and fixed a simple error in it:
change:
        IL.ilGenImages(1, image);
to
        IL.ilGenImages(image);

execute with:
java -classpath .;jar\lwjgl.jar;jar\lwjgl_devil.jar -Djava.library.path=native\win32 Lesson06

works as expected

make sure that jars and natives are where expected.

(the bat file uses javaw, which will not show you any errors. Use java - not javaw instead)

ararie

HALLELUJAH IT WORKS!!

i reinstalled everything lol.
thanks for your help, greatly appreciate it :)