Version mismatch: jar version is '8', native libary version is '7'

Started by verzuz, February 27, 2007, 12:51:09

Previous topic - Next topic

verzuz

Hello,
i got some problems:
i was developing some stuff with an older version of lwjgl under win2k - after win crashed and im pi*ed off i moved to linux (again).
Now i dl the newest version of lwjgl (+ that optional stuff like devil) and tried to get it running.
The SpaceInvaders-Testgame is working, but when im trying to run my own stuff it says:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.LinkageError: Version mismatch: jar version is '8', native libary version is '7'
        at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:105)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:108)
        at Game.init(Game.java:80)
        at Game.main(Game.java:34)

compiling works - but after ...
Could it be, that the linux-natives are not been updated or something?
Could somebody help me out? :)

the2bears

Sounds to me like you have the wrong native libraries for linux... check that you don't have any old versions sitting around in a ext directory or something. 

Bill
the2bears - the indie shmup blog

verzuz

Well - i have the right librarys in the right folders - but my TextureLoader caused this error. I'm not sure why, but now i changed the Loader (now i use parts of the TextureLoader in the SpaceInvaders-Example).
But thx for your help :)

tofumayhem

Sorry to bring up that old thread but I ran into the exact same problem.
I'm using the sourcecode from http://lwjgl.org/wiki/doku.php/lwjgl/tutorials/devil/loadingtextures?s=texture
to load textures.
I get the "Version mismatch: jar version is '8', native libary version is '7'"  as soon as I hit GL11.glGenTextures(scratch);

I checked everything, created a new project, donloaded the current version from sourceforge, added the library path to the new version.
Any idea about that?

Matzon

your jar is incompatible with your native version. Most likely you have a native component in the jre/ext folder or windows folder. Please remove any old lwjgl*.dll files and replace them with a version that matches your jar.

tofumayhem

Sorry for the late answer, but for this project I moved to JOGL as we needed something asap.
But I'm still interested in LWJGL and to pin that down.
Actually I'm running on a fresh installed UBUNTU, no old LWJGL installation.
Nothing in ext or anywhere else (I keep everything in my eclipse projects to not spoil my installation).
Any other idea?

Matzon

unless the linux dist is broke - which is highly unlikely - then you have a Jar and .so that are mismatched - *somewhere* you have a rogue jar or native lib.