Wanted: real-world apps to test & benchmark Excelsior JET 5.0

Started by dleskov, February 19, 2007, 13:07:44

Previous topic - Next topic

dleskov

Dear LWJGL users,

I work for the company that makes the Java to native code compiler Excelsior JET. We have just posted a very early announcement of version 5.0, in which we shall introduce a feature that we think may be of particular interest to members of the LWJGL community.

In short, you will have a perfectly legal option to omit selected parts of  the Java SE API such as AWT and Swing when including the Java runtime with your LWJGL games and applications, thus substantially reducing the download size of your product.

Now we are seeking real applications to test and benchmark this new feature and overall performance. If you think optimizing and packaging your game, application, or research project with Excelsior JET may benefit your end users, please reply to this topic or email us.

In exchange, we offer:

• free Excelsior JET 5.0 Pro licenses - to non-commercial projects
  • deep discounts on our products and services - to commercial product vendors
  • option to include your application in the Excelsior JET Gallery - to all participants

For complete information and for making comments and questions about Excelsior JET and this new feature, please refer to our blog.

With best regards,

Dmitry Leskov
Excelsior LLC

Rainer

Hi Dmitry

I just tested Excelsior Jet with my game project (http://xphase.nerds-paradise.de/) and was impressed how well it works :)
Is the offer for a free licence still available, and what do i need to do to get one?

Regards
Rainer