Hello Guest

Problem with sound

• 4 Replies
Problem with sound
« on: February 16, 2007, 03:10:10 »
Trying to run the asteroids demo and when it gets to the point of loading in the sounds I get this error:  Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/jcraft/jogg/SyncState.

I'm using Windows and got Java 1.6 also have the 1.0 version of this.  All the jars in the package are included in the project classpath.  Not good, but I'm just trying to get it to work right now.  If I comment out the sounds then it runs fine.  All the documentaion mentions different audio files.  Something off in the asteriods demo that doesn't work with OpenAL?

Offline Matzon

Re: Problem with sound
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 06:28:06 »
Asteroids isn't part of lwjgl...
whatever demo you're trying to run, appears to need jorbis on the classpath

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 13:20:39 »
Only reason I put it here is because there is already another post about it in this section.  A note somewhere saying to have to download jorbvis would have been helpful.  Especially when the front page says LWJGL is supposed to handle sound as well.

Offline Matzon

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 14:00:09 »
LWJGL doesn't NEED jorbis. Your asteroids demo does, but that demo has nothing to do with LWJGL.
You're barking up the wrong tree.

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 22:52:08 »
Sorry for the mistake.  Pretty sure the asteroids demo say it only needs LWJGL.  Wrong of me to assume I had other things to download.