LWJGL-RC1 and Windows Vista RTM

Started by stramit, January 12, 2007, 11:01:52

Previous topic - Next topic

stramit

Hey guys,

I've been checking out my engine on a few different systems over the past few days to check for compatibility, for the most part my adventures have gone quite swimmingly..... that is until I tried on Vista RTM.... This is a nut I just don't know how to crack.

When trying hardware mode I get the following exception:

800 x 600 x 32 @75Hz
Caused by: org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not find a valid pixel format
	at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
	at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
	at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplayPeerInfo.initDC(WindowsDisplayPeerInfo.java:54)
	at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:135)
	at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:261)
	at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:703)
	at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:657)
	at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:641)
	at org.strumpy.engine.framework.renderer.context.SimpleGraphicsContext.initialise(SimpleGraphicsContext.java:60)
	at org.strumpy.engine.framework.renderer.StandardRenderer.initialise(StandardRenderer.java:72)
	... 8 more

Where the resolution listed is the resolution returned as part of "DisplayMode[] modes = Display.getAvailableDisplayModes();"

And when I try software (-Dorg.lwjgl.opengl.Display.allowSoftwareOpenGL=true) I get:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Function is not supported
	at org.lwjgl.BufferChecks.checkFunctionAddress(BufferChecks.java:67)
	at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL13.glMultiTexCoord3f(GL13.java:304)
        ...ect

as expected as the software renderer does not support this.

The hardware is: Nvidia 7800GT with the latest 64bit graphics drivers (Jan 5'th 07)

Is there anything that can be done? Does lwjgl not work on 64bit hardware? Any debug which I can turn on?

Any assistance would be appreciated amazingly.

Regards.

(as an aside I do seem to recall earlier versions of Vista / lwjgl not having this issue as I used to be able to create Display on this machine using RC2)

Matzon

Vista RTM does not have hardware OpenGL drivers yet.
The other exception is caused by the app calling a gl13 method without checking for its existance.

There isn't anything to do about it until the driver makers start delivering drivers

stramit