Projects you guys have?

Started by Morgrog, August 19, 2003, 18:02:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgrog

Out of curiosity (and boredom at work) I was wondering what you guys were using lwjgl for...
I think my first try at developping a full game will be a remake of the oh so classic Burgertime (Intellivision anyone?).  Hopefully this project will give me enough experience/knowledge to work on something bigger and we'll see where that will lead me ;)

princec

Two things right now:
1. Invasion of the Jellies!
2. Some more realtime TV graphics stuff for APTN. Which is paying the bills.

Cas :)

bedelf

Heh, nothing right now. I acually started getting into art a little bit instead of bitching about it. I made my avatar first, followed by these guys. So, I'm pretty new to it. Who knows what I'll end up doing with it.

I would love to make a crossplatform adventure game engine with lwjgl though. That just seems like too big of a project, reeks of failure. Mabey I'll poke around with it while I do this other shit.

spasi

We are doing a real-time strategy about the Persian Wars, called Marathon (at the moment). A site will up in a couple of months, with all the descriptions, screenshots etc.

I'm in charge of the 3D engine.

vrm

writing the standalone version of the web game : http://www.advancedpowers.com
It's a space trading, exploration, team combat morpg.
Actualy the web game got around 1000 active players (avg of 100 online).

I hope to move them to an openGL client connected to an home made server version.
It's a very long project *cough*.

progress screenshhots (artwork is underwork, so it's ugly GUI) :

http://vrm.free.fr/sc-star.png
http://vrm.free.fr/sc-range50.png

Morgrog

Hehe nice avatars bedelf :) (isn't that Larry?)

The first pic is awesome vrm, looks promising :)

Good luck with your 3D engine spasi you're far more courageous than me!  :oops:

And of course the infamous jellies! Can't wait to see that one (when will we have screenies?  8) )

good luck with all your projects guys, hopefully they'll all get completed

bedelf

Quote(isn't that Larry?)

Yeah, I did it from memory so it's not completely accurate. I went to go play lsl6 again the other day but I lost my disks in the last move I did. I somehow need to luck out and find the collection packs somewhere, but I'm not too hopeful. :/

The other little dude is the hero from Quest for Glory, styled as in the VGA remake of the first game.

mac

Hi,

i working on some Winamp Java Clone. Actually quite usefull and Skinable on the fly. LWJGL is for Visual Plugin support used, but this will be used in the next version, coming soon. Take a look: //www.mac-systems.de/jampaktuell_en.html

- Jens
he Network is the Music
www.mac-systems.de

durandal

JOSRTS is using lwjgl (http://www.josrts.org)

Currently we have a more-or-less  working SoundAPI  based on OpenAL.

/Kalle

princec

How's JOSRTS coming along?

durandal

Quote from: "princec"How's JOSRTS coming along?

The main bottleneck right now is that we need to set on a WorldAPI to build further on. After that has been done my prediction is that results will start to show. As I wrote earlier a basic SoundAPI has also been written (incidentally by me ;) ).

Btw, OpenAL initalization fails (throws an exception at context creation)  for one of our developers with LWJGL 0.6.  He is using an Audigy2 card. Something that might have been fixed in 0.7?

/Kalle

princec

Some pre-installed OpenAL drivers don't work with our code and we don't yet know why. We've got round this in 0.7 by renaming the OpenAL dll to lwjglaudio.dll to avoid the naming conflict and ensuring we always get our own dll.

jasonpai

I'm working on a 2d adventure game engine.
currently I got that sprite/texture part up and running and do some code for parallaxed and/or moving layers. the next big things are object interaction, sound and some nice little script interpreter.
when this thing is at a stage where i can relate on the basic features (there are some pretty advanced image manipulation routines which currently just have no performance at all) I'll start producing a game.
I have a skilled comic drawer and a very good sound engeneer. I just have no time ;)

ah, I almost forgot. yesterday I started a placement (is this word in correct english?) at a company producing a cross plattform (win32, linux, xbox and ps2) c++ 3d engine. I don't work on the very intresting parts at the beginning, but I'm learning a lot of things about 3d mathematics, since I'm writing an maya export filter.
 want something good to die for
to make it beautiful to live.
-[queens of the stone age]

oNyx

Quote from: "princec"Some pre-installed OpenAL drivers don't work with our code and we don't yet know why. We've got round this in 0.7 by renaming the OpenAL dll to lwjglaudio.dll to avoid the naming conflict and ensuring we always get our own dll.

The dll inside the directory (the app is started from) should override the dll from the system folder. Everything else is strange.

System.loadLibrary("moo"); //uses java.library.path
System.load("c:/path/to/dll/moo.dll"); //absolute path

If the file under the absolute path exists use load() and if not try your luck with loadLibrary().

I can't check if it's already done that way... I don't have the source floating around and sf.net is down right now :]

mac

Hmm,

dont know much about .dll loading. :cry:
Could some Linux owners Test the Render To Texture Demo ?

Avaible at:
//www.mac-systems.de/rendertotexture.html

If i am right there must still a Depthbuffer problem....or ?

- Jens
he Network is the Music
www.mac-systems.de