Hello Guest

openal 1.1?

• 2 Replies
openal 1.1?
« on: October 11, 2006, 14:40:16 »
Would just like to throw in my plea for an OpenAL 1.1 wrapper in lwjgl.  Any way I can help make that happen sooner (aside from doing it myself?)  Perhaps testing or a tool or something?

Offline Matzon

openal 1.1?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 15:16:15 »
I'm not planning at looking at oal 1.1 until we're done with lwjgl 1.0.

I am not sure that oal 1.1 is actually genuinely usable on all platforms yet, since creative is actually working in a counter productive way.

They're basically going full steam ahead with their own closed source win32 version, and then trickling down changes slowly to the win32 source version. In the mean time the linux SI (sample implementation) and Apple version - not to mention the nVidia version are all behind, resulting in a win32 version with all sorts of bells and whistles and the other platforms trailing behind. Especially when it comes to extensions.

So when the other platforms are up to date, I will look into it - shouldn't be much work.

If you want to support it sooner, it shouldn't be a problem - pending any crossplatform issues caused by creative. Add it to the templates, generate, check for some possible custom code, test, done.

We can give you write access to svn if needed?

openal 1.1?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 14:15:50 »
Cool, if that comes up as a possibility on my schedule I will definitely investigate.

Thanks Matzon.