netbeans 5 how to?

Started by it-s, November 20, 2006, 20:19:41

Previous topic - Next topic

it-s

Hi everyone,

I recently decided to try java and game programming under java and found lwjgl to be one of the best choises.
I have also downloaded netbeans to make my life easier... BUT, I can't quite figure out how to make those two work together.
If you are currently using NetBeans 5 + lwjgl could you please explain in details how to link lwjgl library to a new project? Nothing I do seems to work and java compiler always complains that lwjgl libraries not found.

Thanks in advance.

Best of the day to all.
 use SUSE Linux 10 on AMD64

Fool Running

-First go to tools/library manager
-click on new library and enter LWJGL or somthing like that :)
-click on add Jar/folder and find the JWJGL .jar files.
-if you have the source and/or the javadoc, then do the same thing under the source/javadoc tabs

Also make sure you have the run configuration set right
-go to file/"projectName" properties
-click on run
-under the VM options put "-Djava.library.path=C:\pathTo\native\dlls"

Hope that helps  :D
Programmers will, one day, rule the world... and the world won't notice until its too late.Just testing the marquee option ;D

it-s

Thank you for help.
It seems to be finding lwjgl now.
But now I ran into another problem (Just creating a display window as per a tutorial from lwjgl wiki). After I compile and run an app I get an error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.LinkageError: Version mismatch: jar version is '5', native libary version is '3'
       at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:105)
       at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:108)
       at cleartype.Game.<init>(Game.java:30)
       at cleartype.Game.main(Game.java:95)
Java Result: 1

Ho do I fix the library missmach?

Fool Running

I'm not sure exactly what that means :lol:
Try making sure that the LWJGL .jar and the .dll files came from the same package. (i.e. they are all from the 0.99 release of LWJGL)

Maybe look what version of Java you are using?
Look under tools/Java platform manager and look what version it is reporting and where it is looking for the Java files.
Programmers will, one day, rule the world... and the world won't notice until its too late.Just testing the marquee option ;D

the2bears

You should also make sure that you haven't put the jars or dll files in any of the common areas (like the java ext dir or sys dir etc).  You want a completely clean environment with everything being picked up in the project's classpath and the VM options as indicated.

Bill
the2bears - the indie shmup blog

it-s

First of all - thank you all for your fast and helpfull replies.

Second:

I just downloaded Beta3 and replaced with it Beta4 I got at first. Now all the exampleas work.

Where can I file a bug in Beta4? The Linux Beta4 native libraries don't match the release. They ate still Beta3 libs and JRE complains.

(I also tried 0.99 as recommended, but I'm on AMD64 and I have to have 64 bit libs, otherwise they result in error.)

All the best.

Matzon

hmm, now that you mention it - yes the 64bit libs ARE beta 3!
we'll fix this soon in an rc or another beta :shock: