Controllers.create seems to deactivate keyboard input...

Started by Sardtok, August 09, 2006, 02:02:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Sardtok

Hi,
I've made basic sound support in my framework, and decided to go on to controls.
Well, I go through and create (if isCreated returns false) Keyboard, Mouse and Controllers.
Only thing is, now that Controllers are being created, Keyboard input is no longer heard by the game, until I deactivate and reactivate the window (simply clicking inside the window doesn't help, so either I have to click another window first, or task-switch, then keyboard input is read).
If I comment out the part that creates the Controllers(Controllers.isCreated(), create and getControllerCount are the only functions called), it works just fine.

Any idea what's going on?
Is there anything I can do to fix this?
I couldn't possibly have something like this in a finished game.
igg -- Take me off for great justice?

Matzon

that sounds very bug'ish
This is on windows right? - some directx issues prob.

elias

Are you using the latest LWJGL? This was fixed in 1.0beta2 afaik.

- elias

Sardtok

Yes, Win XP, latest DX.
And no, I haven't switched to beta 2 yet, guess I should. ;)

Sardtok

Ok, updated to 1.0beta2,
but now I get the fantastic Failed to enumerate devices: Failed to set buffer size (2) instead when I try to run create.
I found that tracer had the same problem in a irc log here, from July 13.
Any idea what causes this?

With 0.99 I got a message, something about DirectX or something, and a duplicate of that message, and lastly the name of my joystick was printed.

EDIT:
Ok, further reading in the chat log reveals that Elias is obviously aware of this problem, and working on a solution.

elias

Yes, this is a different problem. Should be fixed in beta3, to be released soon.

- elias