What about this ...

Started by Kefik, March 28, 2006, 16:24:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Kefik

... when I'm running Unreal Tournament at my Notebook in software mode, it runs just fine ... isn't there DLLs which doesn't use video hardware but doing all the work manualy?

Kefik

... I've pressed wrong button! SORRY ... this belongs to OpenGL slow, dll problem thread

Fool Running

From this thread:
http://lwjgl.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1020

try setting the flag:
-Dorg.lwjgl.opengl.Display.allowSoftwareOpenGL=true

I'm not sure it will help, but it might be worth a shot. (I assume this flag still exists :lol: )

EDIT: A difference in the OpenGL software mode and the Unreal Tournament software mode is that the Unreal one is specifically designed for that game. This makes the software mode significantly faster because it knows what to expect from the game. OpenGL software mode basically emulates all of the OpenGL commands (i.e. Much slower).
Programmers will, one day, rule the world... and the world won't notice until its too late.Just testing the marquee option ;D

Kefik

Unfortunately ... doesn't work for me. Well, I should get over it and forget to play with OpenGL at NB :(

princec

SciTech have a Direct3D implementation of OpenGL you can try out. To you, it just looks like a hardware OpenGL driver. I don't know how good it is mind you but it will probably get basic stuff working OK. Until the trial period runs out anyway ;)

Cas :)