Wheres the manual?

Started by T-Dog, January 19, 2006, 03:27:53

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Dog

Ok before I start trying to Haphazardly look up tutorials on the web and books to buy, and then feed questions to forums like this one, I just want to know what are some good resources for beginers with lwjgl, opengl and/or JOGL. I've used canvas3d in the past but this is definitly a big step up from simple JFrame/JApplet creations, and I prefer to have a source to learn off of that is comprehensive, especailly to a beginner to opengl programming such as myself.

Thanks
T-dog

CaseyB

If you google NeHe, you'll find an excellent OpenGL resource and most of his tutorials have been ported to LWJGL.  There are also examples in the LWJGL sourceforge area.

tomb

You'll need some OpenGL documentation. The Red Book is a must. You can find an outdated version on opengl.org along with other documentation. The man pages will be your opengl javadoc.

There is some some simple examples that comes with the lwjgl source that will help you get started.

princec

Hm, you wouldn't be calculating particles in a different thread to the rendering thread now would you?

Cas :)