LWJGL for AMD64 ?

Started by Vifani83, June 26, 2005, 01:32:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Vifani83

Hi guys,

I have tried to compile LWJGL native for Linux AMD64 but I hame some trouble. So, can you tell me if an AMD64 version (Linux and Win64) will be released ?

Matzon

we wont be releasing 64bit lwjgl any time soon, since we dont have installations and hardware to do so.
I was however under the impression that it should be compilable... perhaps some rogue makefile or makefile changes never made it into cvs...

Matzon

there we go:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1176850&group_id=58488&atid=487942

going through the patch, it seems you need to modify the make file to:
Quote+CFLAGS_LINK=-fPIC -shared -Wall
+LIBS=-L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lX11 -lXext -lXxf86vm -lpthread -L$(JAVA_HOME)/jre/lib/amd64 -ljawt -Wl,-lXcursor,-lXrender,-lXrandr,-call_shared
+CFLAGS_O=-fPIC -O3 -D_X11 -Wall -pthread -c -I../common -I$(JAVA_HOME)/include -I$(JAVA_HOME)/include/linux

can you confirm this ?

Matzon

I am unsure about openal, fmod and devil though

Vifani83

Quote from: "Matzon"there we go:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1176850&group_id=58488&atid=487942

going through the patch, it seems you need to modify the make file to:
Quote+CFLAGS_LINK=-fPIC -shared -Wall
+LIBS=-L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lX11 -lXext -lXxf86vm -lpthread -L$(JAVA_HOME)/jre/lib/amd64 -ljawt -Wl,-lXcursor,-lXrender,-lXrandr,-call_shared
+CFLAGS_O=-fPIC -O3 -D_X11 -Wall -pthread -c -I../common -I$(JAVA_HOME)/include -I$(JAVA_HOME)/include/linux

can you confirm this ?

Ok, I can confirm you that with the patch it's possible to compile without errors lwjgl. Fmod and devil can be compiled in AMD64 without any patches.

Now I can release AMD64 version of my Java 3D Engine :)

HangDude

Hi!

I'm very intersted in getting lwjgl built for amd64.. what's the status of this ?

greets,
phil

Matzon

well, we need a secondary build file in cvs since the normal makefile wont do. I could try and add a makefile.amd64 with the mentioned patch. I have no way of confirming it tho... Best would be someone made a confirmed makefile.amd64 available which I then commit. Reading through the thread it seems that it's only the lwjgl-core part that needs the makefile.

Matzon

added it to:
/src/native/linux/Makefile.amd64 - anyone can confirm ?