Binary distribution of lwjgl

Started by aurora, October 21, 2005, 12:32:46

Previous topic - Next topic

aurora

I'd like to know what the precompiled c/c++ code of lwjgl is compiled with, is it microsofts c++ compiler, intel or other? I also have a suggestion for the math library in lwjgl, maybe it could use simd if it's running on the intel to speed up math operations..

Matzon

it's compiled using latest and greatest of what installed on mine and elias's computer :)
In this case I think:
Win32: VS.NET Beta 2
Linux: Suse / Fedora
Mac: 10.4

As for math we once had plans for that - it never took off

aurora

In the book tricks of the 3d game programming gurus he mentions how to use simd and he also says that the intel compiler can sometimes boost the performance by a factor of 4

aurora

who are the main contributers of lwjgl, it seems from the outside that it is mainly you and cas, but I think I might have seen other names in the source code, or am I mistaken?

princec

I kicked it off a few years ago, Matzon does sound APIs and admin/website stuff, Elias has more or less taken it off of my hands and turned it properly cross-platform, Spasi did a lot of advanced GL bindings, Erik did GLU, and various others have contributed all sorts of bits.

Cas :)

aurora

I think LWJGL is a well made api. What would be really nice is if someday a it and java can be ported to ps3 or some next gen console.. If it's not going to happend with the ps3 will it ever happend? Or will lwjgl be mainly on the pc for the years to come?