Trouble with lwjgl on Windows x64 Edition

Started by UnknownOrigin, September 05, 2005, 02:14:47

Previous topic - Next topic

UnknownOrigin

Hello,

Thought I'd give lwjgl a go since I'm looking to start developing games in Java, but I've run into trouble. I'm using Windows x64 Edition (64-bit) with the win32 build of lwjgl, and I get this exception when I try the WindowCreationTest:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: D:\Code\Java\lwjgl-win32-0.98\native\lwjgl.dll: %1 is not a valid Win32 application
        at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1751)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1676)
        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:822)
        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:992)
        at org.lwjgl.Sys$1.run(Sys.java:67)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:65)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:104)
        at org.lwjgl.test.WindowCreationTest.initialize(WindowCreationTest.java:87)
        at org.lwjgl.test.WindowCreationTest.main(WindowCreationTest.java:320)

I'm pretty sure this has something to do with using a win32 build in a 64-bit environment. Are there any plans for a 64-bit build? I don't have a C compiler to compile the native code myself.

Thanks.

Matzon

as no one of the developers, afaik, have a 64bit windows installed, the answer is no. In the future when we get one, or someone else does it and submits a patch that should change.

elias

I'm surprised 32 bit applications and libraries doesn't work in win64. They work just fine on 64 linuxes (if 32 bit libraries are installed) and on Mac OS X 10.4 with the 64 bit G5s. Are you using some kind of 64 bit jvm?

- elias

kramer

I am running XP-64 and it is working fine for me.

Note that I am using the 32-bit JDK 1.5.  Originally I had installed the 64-bit version, but Eclipse wouldn't run, so I went back to 32 bit java.