Hello Guest

Morphing with 3ds

• 2 Replies
Morphing with 3ds
« on: August 27, 2005, 15:34:42 »
Hi
Just a thought, is there any good way of making animation of your character. One that comes to my mind is morphing. But then, is there any support under LWJGL.
Any thoughts?

Oh! and by the way, I am using 3ds files to get my models. Is this a good and fast format?
Regards
-_-] Dust Worm [-_-] www.DustWormSoft.com [-_-]

Re: Morphing with 3ds
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 20:30:21 »
Quote from: "DustWorm2"
Hi
Just a thought, is there any good way of making animation of your character. One that comes to my mind is morphing.

Look into Keyframe or Skeletal animation. Both require you to store extra data with your model.

But then, is there any support under LWJGL.

LWJGL itself does not have any sort of animation framework. That's beyond the scope if the project. Look into JMonkey Engine or Xith3D, or roll your own.

Oh! and by the way, I am using 3ds files to get my models. Is this a good and fast format?

Fast for what? Performance of animation or rendering of the models in the application has nothing to do with the file format. The file format really doesn't matter at all beyond storage of the data you need and compatiblity with the tools you work with.

Morphing with 3ds
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 21:00:15 »
Hey
Thanks for the note.
Sounds interesting. I will look into my 3ds loader for further info on animation.
Regards
-_-] Dust Worm [-_-] www.DustWormSoft.com [-_-]