Hello Guest

LWJGL Issues (Tracking)

• 7 Replies

Offline Matzon

LWJGL Issues (Tracking)
« on: August 17, 2005, 12:48:06 »
This is a message that is meant to track the current state of any ongoing issues with LWJGL and its optional components. I will update this bug continually as new bugs are found and/or solved. If you have a confirmed issue, please post it to this thread.

items marked: [inactive] means that there are no people working on it. Please help out if you can.

I am actively avoding using a bugtracking system, to get more exposure and comments. I will brutally delete messages as needed

LWJGL + Input
* -Dorg.lwjgl.util.Debug is only settable through SystemImplementation [inactive]
* isKeyDown returns false if keys are down while display is recreated [inactive]
* If Mouse is released outside window, its state is not updated [inactive]

OpenGL + Display
* Parhelia fails to render in many cases [will not fix | inactive]
* Update GLU, probably sync with JOGL's GLU implementation (already based on ours) [inactive]
* Add NURBS support [inactive]
* Add Tesselation support [inactive]

OpenAL

DevIL

FMOD
* Some methods missing implementation or implemented wrong [inactive]

Other
* Webstartable application for generating an application zip file   or a webstart file (jnlp) given the project resources, classfiles and support libraries for all supported LWJGL platforms.  [inactive]
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 16:09:26 by Matzon »

Anonymous

LWJGL Issues (Tracking)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 17:16:16 »
i'd like to report a very small issue this is with lwjgl on linux (think its kde specific) it is when you switch to full screen the order of the icons on the desktop gets muddled. full screen with a smaller resolution then ur normal screen resolution. this issue happens on SUSE10 with latest lwjgl binaries. i know its hardly a significant one but should still be looked at. not sure if its lwjgl fault, kdes, or video drivers.

Anonymous

LWJGL Issues (Tracking)
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 14:52:45 »
after a bit of looking round i think the above error is a problem with XRender and not lwjgl

Re: LWJGL Issues (Tracking)
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 16:07:50 »
NURBS support: tanks DarkProphet!

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 15:09:59 »
If i understood the source code correctly, lwjgl uses the event system of JInput for joysticks. This has a troublesome side effect on Linux, in many distributions the /dev/input/event has root privileges. The effect is that the joystick is detected, but no events are generated. It would be nice if lwjgl could somehow detect when this happens, and fallback to the oldschool JInput joystick polling which almost always works.

Offline AGP

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 15:56:00 »
I think the joystick starting with nonzero AxisValues should be reported, because a lot of people don't get that it's just a matter of using the analog sticks to reset their values and there doesn't seem to be a way around this issue (from my end).

Offline oskar

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 05:05:19 »
When I want to retrieve an OpenGL 3.2 (Core Profile) on Mac OS Lion (10.7) context using the following code will not work:
Code: [Select]
            ContextAttribs contextatt = new ContextAttribs(3, 2);
    PixelFormat pixelform = new PixelFormat(8, 8, 0);
    Display.setDisplayMode(new DisplayMode(800,600));
    Display.setTitle("OpenglTest");
    Display.create(pixelform, contextatt);
            System.out.println("OpenGL Version" + glGetString(GL_VERSION));
It prints out: "OpenGL version: 2.1 ATI-7.12.9", and therefor Vertex Array Objects are not supported.

Offline matanui159

• KABOOM
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 09:18:03 »
I would like to report this issue:
On Mac the icon in the task bar is a coffee on paper (not lwjgl icon) and when I try to change it, it becomes the default java icon (like in swing). This doesn't happen on windows but I'm not sure about Linux.

P.s. I'm not a big fan of apple so this to me is just typical
ALGORITHM
A word used by programmers when they do not want to explain what they did.

WEE :)