no lwjgl in java.library.path and Java Web Start

Started by DustWorm2, June 26, 2005, 22:45:49

Previous topic - Next topic

DustWorm2

Hello, I know I am a pain but I am trying to post my work on a web using web start. Everything looks fine to the point when I can

no lwjgl in java.library.path

I know how to fix this using command line and from Eclipse but when it comes to web start I am clueless.

Is there any way to include that path.
Perhaps in Manifest File.

Regards
-_-] Dust Worm [-_-] www.DustWormSoft.com [-_-]

Matzon

you need to add the native libs like so:
Quote<resources os="Windows">
   <j2se version="1.4+"/>
   <nativelib href="native_win32.jar"/>
 </resources>
 <resources os="Linux" arch="i386">
   <j2se version="1.4+"/>
   <nativelib href="native_linux.jar"/>
 </resources>  
 <resources os="Mac OS X" arch="ppc">
   <j2se version="1.4+"/>
   <nativelib href="native_macosx.jar"/>
 </resources>  

DustWorm2

Hi
You see that is what I am using. However, since I could not find those jars I jar them my self. I went to a folder where lwjgl natives are and jar them and posted along with my program.
Is this the way to do it. Or is there a place on the net where I can find those native jars.

Matzon

well, they are placed on the lwjgl.org server, but I am unsure about the version... but basically you can jar them up, AND sign them. you only need to add the natives - nothing more.

DustWorm2

Thanks a lot! I try to do it! it should work fine eventually. After all I need to show my work to the world to contribute something  :shock:

Regards and Best wishes :x

DustWorm2

Just so everybody knows, it WORKS!
So, what I did? Well,

I jar each native separately( dont know if that;s the best way ) and then added Class-Path [name of the native jar] to my manifest file.

Although, still have some issues under Linux, I am getting some version issues, it says that jar version is 0.96 and one I use (native) is 0.97. Hmm strange the only version I ever installed and used under Linux was and is 0.97. Will try to solve it later, g2g study for my midterms.

Regards