problem using lwjgl

Started by Anonymous, September 20, 2005, 12:52:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Hi i installed and tested to see if lwjgl was working and it is .What i need is to use it to load 3ds models into java and opengl programa but from and i have lwjgl_demoModel but i dont know how to put everything working i will use lwjgl for my virtuality project for my last year but first i need to test it to see if it loads the 3ds models like i want to and from there i can start my work
Thanks very much for time and attention any help is much apreciated

CaseyB

Are you looking to load static models or animated?  If you just want to load a static model them you can export the model as an obj file and elias444 has written a very nice loader for them!!

Anonymous

hi tks for tyour time
is like that i need to model the inside of an airplane but i need to do it as realistic as i can so i would like to know if i can load more than one model and if its possible i would like to able to import a static and then animate it in opengl do u think that is possible
tks very much

CaseyB

Importing a model and animating it is absolutely possible, But obj's are best for static models, so they would be perfect for the insode of a plane.  I don't know how to do the animation stuff, but I am sure that someone here can help you out!

Anonymous

is like that the animation i will need to do might be some other people inside the airplane and maybe taxing the plane in an environment is that possible to do? if u dont mind i use messenger alf3299@hotmail.com and we could speak better
tks

CaseyB

I don't have messenger here at work, but thta is absolutely possible!  I, unfortunately have no idea how to do it!  That's one of the things I am working on myself!

Anonymous

Hi again
anyway i need to continue what i am doing and after i see what is possible to do do u know i can speak with  elias444  for him to help me with the library to import .obj pleass
cheers