Puppygames Forums hacked.

Started by riflemon, March 16, 2005, 04:52:31

Previous topic - Next topic

riflemon

could somebody let mr. prince know? I got some "I hacked the forum" email.
It seems to affect solely the Puppygames forums, not the LWJGL ones. It's almost 5 am GMT so I just couldn't phone in. I'll try to reach him first thing in the morning.

I'm afraid there's nothing in the email headers that will help since it seems to originate on the forums machines, however, there's a SpamAssasin header listing an IP:

Which I haven't been able to locate (thru RIPE). I suspect it's a red herring anyway. It'd be interesting to get a hold of the web server logs.
oding from always warm, always sunny Rosario, Argentina :D

Matzon

yeah - got the mail too, man he'll be pissed!
afaik, lwjgl uses the same forum version...

riflemon

Not just the same version, but the same DB as well. I'm just concerned about losing the forums. They look gone on puppygames.
oding from always warm, always sunny Rosario, Argentina :D

EgonOlsen

This forum is using 2.0.4. Current is 2.0.13...i strongly suggest to upgrade!!

Matzon

think we'll do an upgrade today, or asap - I took a db copy this morning, just to be on the safe side

Matzon

elias has closed the presumed admin rights bug as described here:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=267563
we have also applied other fixes in the past, so the 2.0.4 version string isn't all that correct.

Elias will be doing an overhaul of the server that hosts lwjgl.org, and once that is done, I'll upgrade the forum to latest phpbb.

CaptainJester

Quote from: "riflemon"could somebody let mr. prince know? I got some "I hacked the forum" email.
It seems to affect solely the Puppygames forums, not the LWJGL ones. It's almost 5 am GMT so I just couldn't phone in. I'll try to reach him first thing in the morning.

I'm afraid there's nothing in the email headers that will help since it seems to originate on the forums machines, however, there's a SpamAssasin header listing an IP:

Which I haven't been able to locate (thru RIPE). I suspect it's a red herring anyway. It'd be interesting to get a hold of the web server logs.
He knows.  He posted on JavaGaming.org about it.
The problems of this world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities.  We need men and women who can dream of things that never were. - John Fitzgerald Kennedy(35th US President)
8)