Signing the lwgl applet jars with my own cert

Started by swuth, August 11, 2009, 17:30:23

Previous topic - Next topic

swuth

Hi,

We are running into a problem where our applet has one sigining certification and the lwgl stuff is signed with a different one. The problem I have is how do I sign the Jars that have been lzma compressed. Can I just go ahead and resign them like any other jar?

Thanks

CH

kappa

nope, you can't sign the pack.lzma files only jars files.

what you'll have to do is either use the .jar's that come with lwjgl's applet package by deleting the certificates in them (just delete the META-INF folder to do this) and resign with your own certificate (lwjgl.jar, windows_natives.jar, linux_natives.jar, macosx_natives.jar) and you can just use those.

if you must have pack.lzma then your must

1) create the jars (or use the ones above, clear any existing certificate)
2) repack the jars (using the pack200 tool, this create pack200 compatible jar files and not .pack files)
3) sign with your own certificate
4) pack them using pack200 to create .jar.pack files
5) lzma them using the lzma tool, to create jar.pack.lzma

it may sound overwhelming at first and takes a while to get running but should be worth the effort, especially once you have got your ant build files setup nicely. See the lwjgl build.xml ant file for a working example on how this is done.

swuth

Hi,

Thanks, there doesn't appear to be an un"lzmad" version of the lwjgl.jar file. There are also a bunch of other jars that are only in lzma form

namely

lwjgl_applet_jar.pack.lzma
lwjgl.jar.pack.lzma
jinput.jar.pack.lzma
lwjgl_util.jar.pack.lzma
res.jar.lzma

where can I find the .jar versions of these?

Thanks again

CH

kappa

swuth

Thanks again. The only one I cant find in .jar format is lwjgl_applet.jar. It seems there are only lzma versions of it. Could you direct me to an un lzma'd version, I have all the rest signed with our own sig, just this last one.....

Cheers

CH

swuth

Actually I used 7zip to decompress the lzma, ripped out the meta-inf and then resigned it. All sorted.

One more question..... How do I change the position of the progress bar. I changed the .png to our own but the progress bar appears in the upper left now.

Cheers

CH

kappa

progress bar image always appears centered on the applet, not sure how you've got it to appear in the upper left, remember it has to be the same size as the logo image, so it'll know how to fit on the logo image. If your progress bar image is larger than the logo image, just increase the size of the logo image to match.