Removing EAX ?

Started by Matzon, December 21, 2004, 06:30:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Matzon

I'm thinking about removing EAX, since it is win32 specific - and not all *that* usefull. Any objections ?

princec

Would be best pulled out into a separate package and DLL. Don't lose the code, it could come in handy.

Cas :)

spasi

I don't mind the fact it is win32 specific (for example render-to-texture is win32 specific too). But why do you find it not useful?

Fool Running

I would like to keep EAX... although I don't use it currently, I would eventually like to use it in my engine (even if it is only for Win32 :wink:).
Programmers will, one day, rule the world... and the world won't notice until its too late.Just testing the marquee option ;D

elias4444

I would agree with princec - pull it out into a separate package and DLL. It would come in handy to have, but ought to be another option, since not all of us code for just Windows.  :D
=-=-=-=-=-======-=-=-=-=-=-
http://www.tommytwisters.com

neight

How about keeping the core LWJGL distribution strictly cross-platform with other features (EAX, DevIL, etc) available as add-ons for those platforms that support them?

An add-on feature would be moved into the core distribution when it becomes fully supported.