LWJGL 3.0.0b

Started by spasi, November 20, 2015, 23:49:20

Previous topic - Next topic

spasi

LWJGL 3.0.0b has been released!

Visit the download page to get it. You can also get it from Maven Central or this direct link.

Release notes:

• The API is now considered stable. There were several API changes, especially to struct and callback classes.
  • Moved advanced functionality from the base package to the system package. Public API in the system package may change between releases.
  • Critical methods have been optimized for better performance and garbage elimination.
  • JNI methods are now deduplicated and struct layout is calculated in Java. This means much smaller shared libraries.
  • Introduced the Configuration class that can be used to programmatically configure LWJGL.
  • Introduced explicit memory management API, which is also used internally by LWJGL.
  • Introduced a debug allocator that can be enabled for the explicit memory management API. It reports memory leaks with full stack-traces to the leaked allocations.
  • All struct classes now have a corresponding StructBuffer implementation. Bindings now use Struct and StructBuffer parameters and return values, instead of ByteBuffer, which improves type safety.
  • Struct fields and accessors are now documented.
  • Many other fixes and minor features.
Changes to bindings:

• Removed obsolete OS-specific bindings.
  • Added bindings to many OpenGL extensions that were missing in 3.0.0a.
  • Added bindings to jemalloc.
  • Added bindings to EGL.
  • Added bindings to OpenGL ES.
  • Added bindings to xxHash.
  • The bindings to LibOVR were updated to 0.8.0.0 and are now included in the official build.
  • Several other fixes and updates to existing bindings.

jamstang

Hi, I am trying to use EGL stuff but found EGL related libs were not shipped with the release package. Where can I find a built one, especially for Mac?

Thanks.

spasi

EGL is not supported on OS X. You may be able to find a library that emulates it on top of desktop GL or Metal.

msx

Hi there, i couldn't find more info about the latest api changes other than what's in this document.

I updated the library and now have this two problems:

GLContext.createFromCurrent();

It looks like GLContext is not there anymore?

glfwSetErrorCallback(errorCallback = errorCallbackThrow());

errorCallbackThrow looks removed too.

Any quick replacement for the two lines? Or if it's more complex than it looks, should i stay with current 3.0.0.a version ?

Thanks

spasi

Hey msx,

Quote from: msx on March 17, 2016, 10:22:26
GLContext.createFromCurrent();

It looks like GLContext is not there anymore?

Yes, GLContext has been removed. You should now use GL.createCapabilities();

Quote from: msx on March 17, 2016, 10:22:26
glfwSetErrorCallback(errorCallback = errorCallbackThrow());

errorCallbackThrow looks removed too.

These have been moved to the GLFWErrorCallback class as factory methods. Try GLFWErrorCallback.createThrow();