LWJGL 3 Errors when loading ogg

Started by Daslee, September 06, 2015, 10:39:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Daslee

Why do I get this error when I try to load ogg sound?
Quote/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-oracle/bin/java: symbol lookup error: /path/natives/liblwjgl.so: undefined symbol: alloca

It happens after doing this:
Quotelong decoder = stb_vorbis_open_memory(vorbis, error, null);

And, are those lines important, or should I ignore them?
QuoteCannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started

If I start jack server with this command in terminal: jack_control start, those lines changes to these:
QuoteCannot lock down 82274202 byte memory area (Cannot allocate memory)
Cannot lock down 82274202 byte memory area (Cannot allocate memory)
Cannot use real-time scheduling (RR/5)(1: Operation not permitted)
JackClient::AcquireSelfRealTime error

spasi

Hey Daslee,

The alloca error has been fixed in the latest nightly build (3.0.0b #24). Thanks for reporting it!

I haven't had much time to look into the jack server messages. They are related to OpenAL, not stb_vorbis, you can ignore them for now. I'll post here when I have more info.

spasi

Apparently OpenAL Soft has added a JACK backend recently and also bumped it's priority to the top, i.e. it will always try to initialize JACK first.

The first issue is that the OpenAL Soft developers have not found a way to suppress JACK messages on the standard output. So, that's what those messages are, they come straight from JACK.

The second issue, the error messages you get after starting the JACK server, have to do with JACK requiring real-time scheduling privileges. You must make sure that your user has such permissions. This is beyond my patience level for Linux stuff, but you can find more info here, here and here.