Can the following changes to LWJGL build files be made to allow FreeBSD builds?

Started by monty_hall, November 08, 2009, 18:12:57

Previous topic - Next topic

monty_hall

Made a few changes to LWJGL build xml files to allow FreeBSD builds.  I've included a "svn diff > lwjgl.txt" file.

monty_hall

I guess since *BSD is such a niche, I may be asking too much.  If you're interested in compiling for freebsd, you can spare yourself making the mods yourself.  Have fun!

Matzon

meh, forgot about this. I can add it to svn, however I am not sure that we can or will support bsd as a release.

Matzon

I was actually under the impression that the linux output was sufficient, and indeed you are reusing that compile stuff. However there are changes to the compile libs - do the linux ones fail on BSD?

Endolf

Damnit, I only just fixed the build farm, now I need another node!!! ;)

monty_hall

Quote from: Matzon on March 26, 2010, 05:41:25
I was actually under the impression that the linux output was sufficient, and indeed you are reusing that compile stuff. However there are changes to the compile libs - do the linux ones fail on BSD?

When run under linuxulator, graphics work and audio doesn't (libopenal using ALSA).  I need to find a precompiled openal that uses oss for linux.  However, all of this works  under freebsd natively.  I can understand why the binaries aren't included w/ the distribution.  If it is possible to modify the build file so I can make it patch free,  I will put it into the freebsd ports tree.

I'm in the process of creating ports for several development packages for freebsd: lwjgl, jme, meshlab, ngplant, jna and jogl2.  If I find an openal that works for the linuxulator, I may make a port for that too.  Blender, ogre, crystal space, java3d, etc have already been ported. I would like to cater to the 3 people that are already using fbsd as desktop and java development environment for win/linux/freebsd

The problem I started w/ fbsd a while ago and would like to stay there.  I would move if it's absolutely necessary - a pita like moving from one house to another...  In fact, I haven't a clue which linux distro I would use that would suit me.  

monty_hall

Are the libopenal.so files copied into the libs/<<platform>> by hand or is it in the build file?  Currently, I'm copying by hand into my libs/freebsd dir.

Matzon

Quote from: monty_hall on April 01, 2010, 15:43:07
Are the libopenal.so files copied into the libs/<<platform>> by hand or is it in the build file?  Currently, I'm copying by hand into my libs/freebsd dir.
native files are copied by hand into their destination. (or in svn)