Mac OS X Help

Started by mjes, March 26, 2004, 19:41:19

Previous topic - Next topic

mjes

Has anyone had luck compiling the new OpenAL for os x from the cvs?  My build keeps crashing in XCode with the following error message:

oalSource.cpp: In member function `void OALSource::SetRollOffFactor(float)':
oalSource.cpp:341: error: `MixerDistanceParams' undeclared (first use this function)
oalSource.cpp:341: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
oalSource.cpp:341: error: parse error before `;' token
oalSource.cpp:342: error: `distanceParams' undeclared (first use this function)
oalSource.cpp:343: error: `kAudioUnitProperty_3DMixerDistanceParams' undeclared (first use this function)
oalSource.cpp: In member function `void OALSource::SetMaxDistance(float)':
oalSource.cpp:370: error: parse error before `;' token
oalSource.cpp: In member function `void OALSource::SetReferenceDistance(float)':
oalSource.cpp:400: error: parse error before `;' token
oalSource.cpp: In member function `void OALSource::Play()':
oalSource.cpp:776: error: parse error before `;' token

I can't find a reference to MixerDistanceParams anywhere in the project or on my hard driver.  I've already installed the CoreAudio 1.3.1 SDK, which fixed a couple other compile issues, but I'm curious if I'm missing any other libraries (I did the full install of XCode and the update).

Secondly, when I run "ant all" for the cvs code of LWJGL, it crashes in the compile_native_mac section with the following message:

[apply] checking for javac... /usr/bin/javac
   [apply] checking symlink for /usr/bin/javac... /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Commands/javac
   [apply] configure: error: cannot find java include files
   [apply] make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
   [apply] strip: can't open file: .libs/liblwjgl.0.0.0 (No such file or directory)
   [apply] Result: 1

BUILD FAILED
file:/Users/mjes/Documents/Programming/cvs/LWJGL/build.xml:197: Warning: Could not find file /Users/mjes/Documents/Programming/cvs/LWJGL/src/native/.libs/liblwjgl.0.0.0 to copy.

I saw that a couple of days ago the mac code was being updated, so does this compile for other people?  I'm assuming I don't have a symbolic link in the correct place, so any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Matzon

I have no problems compiling latest and greatest of openal on os x 10.3.3. I just fired up xcode and pushed the build button...

The java error is simple - you only have the runtime installed. Fix this by getting the 1.4.2 DP1 from developer.apple.com

when it's done building jump on in to /src/native/.libs and locate the liblwjgl.0 rename that to liblwjgl.jnilib and you're set to go - just point to using (assuming you run from /bin) -Djava.library.path=../src/native/.libs/

mjes

Ah, I'll go try that out and see if that fixes both problems.  Thanks.

mjes

The update fixed the LWJGL compile problem I had, but the OpenAL still has issues.  Any idea where to post to get my questions resolved for the new OpenAL?

Matzon

the OpenAL mailinglist would probably be your best bet.
where is oalSource.cpp located??

are you running the build in:
/mac/al_osx or something like that?

mjes

No, everything is run out of a subfolder in ~/Documents/ where I download cvs files.  Should I have it located somewhere else?

Matzon

aha!
you're using /macosx and I've been using /mac/al_osx
the former must be the new stuff while the latter is the old stuff... - /mac/al_osx compiles fine -  don't know how it works though

mjes

Yeah, so are you having problems with the macosx version?

Matzon

of lwjgl? then yes - it works barely now - but there are issues with input and webstart. Evil voices say it's because it's not a bundle - and the same evil voices say that we should use swim et al. on mac os x to get the wanted behaviour...

What we really need though, is a dedicated Mac person, that know their way about......

Matzon

Hot off the mailinglist:
> Has it been checked into the public cvs server?
The new code is in CVS -- openal/macosx.  You'll need the latest CoreAudio SDK off of developer.apple.com/audio to compile it.

> You have an idea of when we'll see the os x installer?
That installer does _not_ contain the new code referenced above, but that should change in about a week -- I just have to do a little testing before integrating the new library and putting it up.

princec