Keyboard bug in linux

Started by psiegel, May 13, 2004, 18:32:45

Previous topic - Next topic

psiegel

I noticed that after quitting a LWJGL app in linux, the autorepeat on my keyboard is shut off, despite the fact that it was on before running.  This is most notable by simply writing some text in a console after running LWJGL and then holding down the backspace key.  Only the last character gets deleted.

Anyway, it's easy enough for me to turn it back on afterwards using "xset r on", but I think LWJGL really ought to revert the user's system to the state it was originally in before running on quit.

Paul

elias

Actually LWJGL does reset the autorepeat setting. Are you destroying everything correctly?

- elias

vrm

It use to appear when Keyboard.destroy(); is not called

psiegel

I usually don't notice it until after a long session of debugging, so it's entirely possible that I have crashed out of my own application and things have not been cleaned up properly.  I do call Keyboard.destroy() when my app exists, but like I said, I might not be exiting cleanly.

I shall do some more discrete tests and return with details.

Paul

elias

Yeah well, that's generally the problem on X. Some settings are both global and permanent changed, like display mode changes and the keyboard repeat rate (which is turned off because I haven't found a better way to filter out the KeyDown/KeyUp events generated from holding down a key). Some kind of crash handler cleaning up things could probably be developed, but I haven't got around to do it yet.

- elias

psiegel

Ran some tests, it does appear to only happen when I crash/force quit out.  Normal closure does return the keyboard to the correct state.  Sorry for the incorrect bug report.

Paul

princec

We've known about that one for a while now :) Does anybody know how to do an "on unload" callback for a .so on Linux?

Cas :)