FreeBSD build

Started by arksu, July 06, 2012, 09:31:04

Previous topic - Next topic

arksu

can we expect in the future?

kappa

LWJGL does work on FreeBSD you just need to compile it yourself (as ppl have done in the past, just search the forum).

Pre-compiled binaries for FreeBSD aren't provided with LWJGL releases simply because there are so few users that it is difficult to justify spending time and resources on it. In fact even the Solaris builds might be dropped in future since there is probably no one using them anymore.

arksu

it is very sad
i know how build lwjgl under FreeBSD, but its difficult rebuild with every release

arksu

If you do not mind I'll post the patch here (for lwjgl 2.8.4, tested on FreeBSD 8.3 amd64)

dime

Quote from: kappa on July 06, 2012, 09:54:30
LWJGL does work on FreeBSD you just need to compile it yourself (as ppl have done in the past, just search the forum).

Pre-compiled binaries for FreeBSD aren't provided with LWJGL releases simply because there are so few users that it is difficult to justify spending time and resources on it. In fact even the Solaris builds might be dropped in future since there is probably no one using them anymore.

I don't know how it's built, but couldn't it be automate it?  

Alternatively, anyone know how to get it working under this ? http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/linuxemu.html

arksu

why use here linux emulation? if lwjgl can be compiled natively under FreeBSD?
I use my port every day, its stable.

dime

Quote from: arksu on August 21, 2012, 04:47:44
why use here linux emulation? if lwjgl can be compiled natively under FreeBSD?
I use my port every day, its stable.

ok, never mind : /usr/ports/games/lwjgl :)

Endolf

Quote from: dime on August 19, 2012, 23:31:45
I don't know how it's built, but couldn't it be automate it?  

The other builds are automated, but I'd have to get more hardware to setup another build machine, spend time installing and configuring the OS, setting up the build scripts for lwjgl.

Then, even with jenkins, the build farm doesn't just run itself, it does need monitoring, tweaking, patching etc, so any extra build environments do take up my time, resources and electricity bill :)

Endolf

princec

Endolf - why you need other hardware? Are you not using VirtualBox?

Cas :)

Endolf

The current VM hosts are full, I'd need another one :)

Endolf

arksu

I want say thanks! for FreeBSD support!
just now im success build lwjgl from https://github.com/LWJGL/lwjgl/