Linux: My game changes the system's Display Configurations

Started by leonel, March 21, 2006, 19:20:02

Previous topic - Next topic

leonel

Hi all,

I have an annoying issue in my game: when it terminates, it changes the Display configurations of the whole system.

Say, I am running my Fedora system at 1280x800  @ 85Hz.
In the game, I set the display mode at 1024x768x32, with Display.setDisplayMode().

When the game shuts down, Fedora's display configuration pops and sets the Display at a different config: 1280x1024 @ 60Hz.

Has any Linux developer experienced the same problem ?
Is this in any way related to this topic : http://lwjgl.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1460 ?

And else, instead of arbitrarily setting the display at 1024x768x32, is there any way I can discover the configuration with Java/LWJGL code and set it according to the current configuration ? I am currently using command-line parameters and void-main-args[] to set it.

[]'s
Leonel

Fool Running

QuoteAnd else, instead of arbitrarily setting the display at 1024x768x32, is there any way I can discover the configuration with Java/LWJGL code and set it according to the current configuration ? I am currently using command-line parameters and void-main-args[] to set it.
I think Display.getDisplayMode() returns the current mode the system is on. (someone can correct me on this :lol: )
QuoteWhen the game shuts down, Fedora's display configuration pops and sets the Display at a different config: 1280x1024 @ 60Hz.
I don't have Linux to try this, but it sounds like a bug... or some weird driver issue :? Are you calling Display.destroy()?
Programmers will, one day, rule the world... and the world won't notice until its too late.Just testing the marquee option ;D