Setting up IntelliJ IDEA with LWJGL

Started by CuppoJava, May 02, 2006, 20:19:09

Previous topic - Next topic

CuppoJava

Hi,
I'm using IDEA for developing my game, and I'm having trouble getting the "function information" popups to work.

Like, I type GL11.glClearCo, and then a window should popup listing every method in GL11.

My problem is that when it doesn't display any of the method parameter names.

eg. it will display glClearColor(float, float, float, float), instead of glClearColor(float red, float green, float blue, float alpha)

Does anyone have any suggestions?

PS: If you haven't already, give IDEA a try. It's by far the best IDE for any language that I've ever seen.

Thanks a lot
 -Cuppo

Fool Running

I had a similar problem with JBuilder and NetBeans IDE. In order to fix it, I had to point them to the LWJGL source (I assume they need the source to get the parameter names). You might try to set that up.
Programmers will, one day, rule the world... and the world won't notice until its too late.Just testing the marquee option ;D

CuppoJava

Thanks for the reply Fool,

Yeah, I've noticed that problem. I attached the source files to IDEA for that reason, which got me the parameter information for everything EXCEPT the GL11 class.

I have parameter information for everything except the GL11 class. I took a look at the GL11.java source and noticed that it contained a lot of annotations which show up as errors in IDEA. I wonder if that might be the problem...

Anyway thx for the help.
 -Cuppo

CuppoJava

Ah yea that was the problem.

For people that might experience the same:
GL11.java makes extensive use of annotations, which only the latest version of IDEA supports. So I upgraded IDEA then pointed it to the source files and now I can see all the parameter information.

CuppoJava

Arg, nope never mind,

I got most of the GL11 method parameter information, some that I'm missing are:

glTexImage2D
glDeleteTextures
etc...

Does anyone have the parameter information for these methods? I can't find the source for it. Those methods aren't in GL11.java

Thanks
 -Cuppo

Fool Running

Strange... I have those methods in the GL11.java source I have... :?
version 0.99
Programmers will, one day, rule the world... and the world won't notice until its too late.Just testing the marquee option ;D

CuppoJava

ah so that's it. I copied the GL11 class over from the templates folder instead of from the generated folder.

Thx for the reply fool, that was the kick i needed...
 -Cuppo