applet issues

Started by strattonbrazil, July 31, 2008, 22:21:24

Previous topic - Next topic

strattonbrazil

I downloaded the latest lwjgl code from sourceforge and unzipped it (lwjgl_applet-2.0rc1.zip).  However, when I run appletviewer or firefox on the html file, I get the following error:

lzmaSupported: true
pack200Supported: true
Fatal error occured (2): access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission java.io.tmpdir read)

Looking at various forums, I see this is usually caused by a signature problem with the jars.  lwjgl_util_applet.jar comes signed, but lzma.jar does not.  I've tried signing them both using my own key, but that doesn't solve the problem.  Any ideas to get this error to go away? 

Thanks. 

Matzon

you have agreed to the security dialog ?

strattonbrazil

On the appletviewer I don't get any security dialog and I have agreed in firefox. 

kappa

Remember if you sign your own make sure you get rid of the other certificate in the jar first as this can sometimes cause problems. An easy way to do this is just delete META-INF folder before signing.

strattonbrazil

Well, I checked the lzma.jar and it didn't have one so I signed it.  Then I tried signing them both (without removing the other jar file signature).  Is it required that both jars have the same key to sign their signatures. 

I'm just surprised they don't work "out of the box".  I don't know if it's the setup or if I'm just doing something wrong. 

Matzon

there must be something wrong with your setup - it works fine here.
lzma.jar doesn't have to be signed, because it doesn't do anything that requires permissions.

System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir") is done by the AppletLoader, which is signed.