Blank screen when forcing anti-aliasing in drivers

Started by Fool Running, March 28, 2005, 18:49:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Fool Running

I've noticed that the screen is black when I force anti-aliasing to on in my driver pane.  When I turn it off and re-run, the screen shows stuff as normal.
Is this a problem with LWJGL, my drivers/video card, or is there no way around this? (In which case I need a way to detect it  :lol: )
I have an Nvidia Geforce FX 5600 with up-to-date drivers on Win XP.
Programmers will, one day, rule the world... and the world won't notice until its too late.Just testing the marquee option ;D

elias

What happens if you specify AA in PixelFormat?

- elias

Fool Running

I'll try it tonight and see what happens. (I can't believe I haven't tried that yet  :oops: )
Programmers will, one day, rule the world... and the world won't notice until its too late.Just testing the marquee option ;D

Fool Running

Well, I tried setting the AA in the PixelFormat without an override in the drivers and it works.
It doesn't work if I set the AA in the PixelFormat and override it in the dirvers either. :?

Fool Running

Well, I did some more testing and it only happens when running in a window.
I only use window for debugging so its not that big of a deal  :lol: .  Elias, I don't know if you still want to find the problem, but it doesn't bother me anymore  :wink:

Matzon

Fool Running

Believe it or not I did see your post  :roll:  I haven't forgotten and will hopefully get to try tonight (barring any unforseen circumstances)  :lol:

Fool Running

I've tried it and it still happens in 0.96.
However, I have noticed various other problems with my system and Java when I have AA on, so it could just be buggy NVidia drivers.  :shock:
I'm going to try revert to a previous version of my drivers and try it again.  :roll: