LWJGL Invalid Enum Exception when using JMonkey Engine

Started by gnola14, July 31, 2009, 03:30:01

Previous topic - Next topic

gnola14

Well, I think this would be the proper place to put my problem despite being related to a game engine. When I try to run any of the test found there, they all crash abruptly, and this is the message I got:

org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Invalid enum (1280)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Util.checkGLError(Util.java:54)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.swapBuffers(Display.java:640)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.update(Display.java:660)
   at com.jme.renderer.lwjgl.LWJGLRenderer.displayBackBuffer(LWJGLRenderer.java:532)
   at com.jme.app.BaseGame.start(BaseGame.java:90)
   at jmetest.terrain.TestTerrain.main(TestTerrain.java:68)

I've followed the instructions to install it, set up the libraries, but couldn't make it work though.  I've managed to run some tests with jpct (another lwjgl-based engine) without any hassle, but I don't know why can't do anything with jME. Any ideas?

BTW, I have a laptop with an Mobile Intel GMA 4500M, and running Ubuntu Intrepid. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Fool Running

It looks like it might be a problem with jme. An error like that (Invalid enum) is thrown when there was an error somewhere in the rendering loop (in this case in jme). I think it would be best to ask the jme forums for help in trying to debug it (since it could be anywhere in the jme rendering loop, theoretically).
Programmers will, one day, rule the world... and the world won't notice until its too late.Just testing the marquee option ;D

gnola14

I will then. I just posted here because (in my ignorance) when reading the source code, I thought it might have been some wrong call to a method in lwjgl. Thanks!