OpenGL ES

Started by princec, January 25, 2004, 15:28:15

Previous topic - Next topic

princec

I notice that OpenGL ES reference implementation has been released, and I think it's a crucial LWJGL step to support ES as we'll be able to start approaching device vendors and saying, hey, this LWJGL library is what you need for Java games.

Who wants to have a look at it?

Cas :)

elias

And even better, software to enable OpenGL ES through the existing OpenGL driver is also available, allowing us to test it without an OpenGL ES device.

Still, to attract any form of attention, I'd say we need at least one device with a lwjgl test running on it. Say, if devices support OGL ES _and_ java wouldn't the vendors create their own binding anyway? Seems logical to me they would.

- elias

princec

It strikes me that Matzon is in the idea position to do a bit of string-pulling and subtle persuasion here. Him working for a J2ME games vendor and all...

Cas :)

Matzon

nah, unfortunately we're too small to have all sorts of deals with hardware vendors - I only have access to current generation phones, and nothing exotic :(

However, I will keep my eyes opened. It would seem that the best we could do, is write to some device manufactures?