Windows 64bit builds of LWJGL

Started by cylab, March 05, 2009, 11:26:46

Previous topic - Next topic

cylab

Are there any plans to update the official builds with 64bit windows versions? In particular we would need the webstart extension to work with a 64bit version under vista.
Mathias

Xith3D
My Blog

kappa

i believe this is planned for the next release, which should be out any day now :)

broumbroum

Something about 64 bits I'd like to know is if the 32 bits dlls can be used on 64 bits system for compatibility. That may be the case, or may not ?

elias

Quote from: broumbroum on March 05, 2009, 14:56:58
Something about 64 bits I'd like to know is if the 32 bits dlls can be used on 64 bits system for compatibility. That may be the case, or may not ?

That depends on the JRE, not the OS. If you're running with a 32 bit JRE (guaranteed if you're running in a 32 bit browser),  the 32 bit dlls will be used. Same thing with a 64 bit JRE. The recent 6u12 added 64 bit browser plugin support - before u12 you never needed to worry about 64 bit JREs in applets nor web start apps.

- elias

cylab

Quote from: elias on March 05, 2009, 15:25:49
The recent 6u12 added 64 bit browser plugin support - before u12 you never needed to worry about 64 bit JREs in applets nor web start apps.

Thats exactly the reason for my post ;)
Mathias

Xith3D
My Blog

elias

Well, 64 bit dlls will come in the next release. Tribal Trouble 2 already runs in 64 bit JREs with our own builds of lwjgl64.dll, so it's just a matter of tedious release procedures.

- elias