how to bring main window to front

Started by oramia, June 30, 2007, 08:02:19

Previous topic - Next topic

oramia

Hi all! I am running my game in windowed mode, and want to bring the main(opengl) window programmatically to foreground. How can I do it with lwjgl? There is a method called isActive() to learn foreground status, but I could not find something like setActive().

Thanks in advance!

Fool Running

There isn't a way to do that (to my knowledge). Why do you need to do it? It seems like a strange thing to need to do for a game
Programmers will, one day, rule the world... and the world won't notice until its too late.Just testing the marquee option ;D

oramia

Thanks for the response, well I am using physics engine, and I have some crashes on C++ code, so i made the code as a server that can be called by a different application. In fact I have coded a dice engine with dices rolling by physics engine etc, and I am attaching it to a game engine which kicks my code in when needed to display dices rolling etc... I am using canvas implementation now, and it is quite fine and fast.

But I still think that if we have a window mode (and which we have :)) it is good to have position, minimize, restore, bringtofront, topmost etc. functionalities

Thanks again