Shutdown Issue (Linux)

Started by Mojomonkey, May 24, 2004, 16:20:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojomonkey

Hi,

I got a Linux machine set up for testing of jME. Everything works great, required no rebuilding, comparable FPS etc. However there is a strange occurance every time I exit the application. I'm crashing the JVM.

Quote#
# An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x420734c0, pid=10610, tid=1093565632
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.5.0-beta-b32c mixed mode)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [libc.so.6+0x734c0]  __libc_free+0x70
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as hs_err_pid10610.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
#

I believe this is occuring with this call:

Display.resetDisplayMode();

I'm a Linux newbie, so I could very well have set something up poorly.

Secondly, key repeat is turned off after exiting the application. I saw this mentioned before, and that it's due to not calling Keyboard.destroy(). So, this is another side effect of the JVM crash.

Thanks.
ever send a man to do a monkey's work.

elias

Which LWJGL version? Which linux? Does the examples work?

- elias

Mojomonkey

Guess I should have given more info, sorry.

Redhat 9, LWJGL 0.9.

And now the LWJGL demos work fine, that's why I'm sure it's something I'm doing. Just not sure what it is. When the main loop is broken out of the following occurs:
Keyboard.destroy();
Display.resetDisplayMode();
System.exit(0);

cfmdobbie

ellomynameis Charlie Dobbie.

elias

Could you post more of the crash log? There should be a java stack trace somewhere. In 0.9, it should not matter which way you destroy stuff, so it's important that we find the cause for this.

- elias

Mojomonkey

QuoteWindow.destroy()

Sorry, forgot to mention that Window.destroy() is called as well as Mouse.destroy().

QuoteCould you post more of the crash log? There should be a java stack trace somewhere. In 0.9, it should not matter which way you destroy stuff, so it's important that we find the cause for this.

That's the entire crash, there's no java stack trace (displayed to standard out at least).

What's odd, is every call: resetting the display, destroying the keyboard and mouse, destroying the window, work just fine.

It's not until System.exit(0) is called that this error is displayed.