OpenGLException

Started by CaptainJester, May 16, 2004, 03:29:12

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainJester

The following code used to work under v0.8:
// Create Nearest Filtered Texture
GL11.glBindTexture(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, buf.get(0));
GL11.glTexParameteri(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL11.GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL11.GL_NEAREST);
GL11.glTexParameteri(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL11.GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL11.GL_NEAREST);
GL11.glTexImage2D(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL11.GL_RGB, tex.getWidth(), tex.getHeight(), 0, GL11.GL_RGB, GL11.GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, scratch);

// Create Linear Filtered Texture
GL11.glBindTexture(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, buf.get(1));
GL11.glTexParameteri(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL11.GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL11.GL_LINEAR);
GL11.glTexParameteri(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL11.GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL11.GL_LINEAR);
GL11.glTexImage2D(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL11.GL_RGB, tex.getWidth(), tex.getHeight(), 0, GL11.GL_RGB, GL11.GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, scratch);

// Create MipMapped Texture
GL11.glBindTexture(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, buf.get(2));
GL11.glTexParameteri(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL11.GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL11.GL_LINEAR);
GL11.glTexParameteri(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL11.GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL11.GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST);
GLU.gluBuild2DMipmaps(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, 3, tex.getWidth(), tex.getHeight(), GL11.GL_RGB, GL11.GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, scratch);

When I try to run it under v0.9 I get the following exception:
org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Invalid enum (1280)
	at org.lwjgl.opengl.Util.checkGLError(Unknown Source)
	at org.lwjgl.opengl.Window.update(Unknown Source)
	at Lesson07.run(Lesson07.java:73)
	at Lesson07.main(Lesson07.java:64)

The problem line appears to be:
GL11.glTexParameteri(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL11.GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL11.GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST);

When I change it to GL11.GL_LINEAR or GL11.GL_NEAREST the program runs fine, but it no longer has a working mipmap.
The problems of this world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities.  We need men and women who can dream of things that never were. - John Fitzgerald Kennedy(35th US President)
8)

elias

I think you've swapped the enums. Mipmapping is only used for minification, not magnification (which can only use LINEAR).

- elias

CaptainJester

Yes, that did it.  Thanks.

I don't know how I switched those. :oops:
The problems of this world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities.  We need men and women who can dream of things that never were. - John Fitzgerald Kennedy(35th US President)
8)

princec

I have to say I preferred the way the old LWJGL found errors in debug mode (immediately when the function was called). Much quicker finding bugs. What's the performance overhead if we put this into Java-side code?
eg.
public static native void glBegin(int type);

becomes
public static void glBegin(int type) {
nglBegin(type);
if (Sys.DEBUG) {
Util.checkGLError();
}
}

Cas :)

elias

I'd say it's too much work for little gain. And I'd like to have just as strict checking in normal mode as in debug mode.

- elias