Win2000 Window title bar hiding top of gl canvas

Started by tomb, April 28, 2004, 17:13:56

Previous topic - Next topic

tomb

In window 2000 the top of the opengl canvas is hidden by the title bar. I've tried resizing the title bar and it is not taken into consideration by lwjgl. If I increase the bar height then more of the canvas is hidden.

The mouse coordinates seems to be correct relative to the frame. Wich has the effect that the mouse do not match the graphics in my menu :(

Matzon

this isn't the case with Windows XP at least - I'll verify this in the morning at work - stay tuned.

Matzon

tomb

I'm not using SWT, only standard lwjgl window mode. I change the title bar size in the display controll panel.

It works correcly in XP. It is only in win 2000 that I see the bug. Only tested it on win2000 computer though, so I can't be sure if it is a general win2000 bug or if it's just my computer that is messed up.

Optus

My Win2K Pro box does this too.  Running the LWJGL Test apps, they all exhibit this.  They go to full screen, but the title bar stays.  It looks fairly ugly.  On top of this, I should mention that the Grass test doesn't run on my computer, the initialization output looks normal, and it doesnt crash.  It just doesn't display anything, only a black screen (with a title bar at the top, even though it's full-screen).

elias

I've just installed a win2k pro and I can't reproduce the problem. I'm running with the latest service pack and nvidia drivers on an 1700 MHz AMD processor.

- elias

elias

I just found a potential bug that could cause the problem you're experiencing. A fix has been comitted, and I'll see if I can persuade someone to provide a build for you.

- elias

elias

tomb

Get the following exception:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: setTime
	at org.lwjgl.Sys.setTime(Native Method)
	at org.lwjgl.Sys.initialize(Unknown Source)
	at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
	at org.lwjgl.Display.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
	at sh.SquareHeads.initLwjgl(SquareHeads.java:174)
	at sh.SquareHeads.main(SquareHeads.java:1352)

Do you also got a jar I can download. Or do I have to compile it from cvs?

tomb

Thanks!

Still got the same problem :(

I'm running:
Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Service Pack 4

All "Critical Updates and Service Packs" installed.