Audio Stuff

Started by ervo, September 10, 2004, 15:27:09

Previous topic - Next topic

ervo

Hi forum, (jeah, my first posting :-) )

i´m checking out the audio stuff and several problems did occure

First:
the provided tutorial lesson 1 didn't work until i did change some code in the test  package source:
in
org.lwjgl.test.openal.WaveData.create(String filepath)
i did replace
new BufferedInputStream(WaveData.class.getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream(filepath))
by
new BufferedInputStream( new FileInputStream( filepath))
and now it works. may be it´s not bug but i did use it in the wrong way. how ever it was the tutorial code, just the path string changed to my file.

Second:
setting the orientation of the listener: i saw a older posting about this recomending to use the FloatBuffer to passing the values, but if i do so
alListener(int pname, FloatBuffer value)   calls at first BufferChecks.checkBuffer(value, 1);  in my opinion there have to be six values instead of one three for the at vector and three for the up vector, isn´t it?

Third:
the fmod stuff, unfortunatly i did not found a tutorial

i just call  FMOD.initialize(); and get :
An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) occurred at PC=0x6D531D4
Function=Java_org_lwjgl_fmod3_FSound_FSOUND_1Init+0x14
Library=D:\CODE\java_workbench\LWJGL_APP\lib\lwjgl\lwjgl-fmod3.dll

any idea, how i bring it to work? (the link to the java wrapper on the fmod site does not work, is it available anywhere else?)

ok, that´s all by now.

greetings

mac

Hello,

i cannot reply on all of your questions but the fmod stuff, i allready have used it.

First you have to download the fmod api from fmod.org were the fmod.dll is contained.

Calling initzialize is'nt the right way, use FMOD.create() instead.

regards,
jens
he Network is the Music
www.mac-systems.de

ervo

Thanks for the hint about the fmod.dll, now fmod is working. :-)

at the fmod home page is written it supports Obstructions and Occlusions. i want to set  for example a wall within my audio scene, but i have no idea how to do it. may anybody give me a hint where to start with such stuff.

Greetings