Console Gaming and lwjgl

Started by bobjob, March 13, 2007, 18:05:06

Previous topic - Next topic

bobjob

Hey if nintendo wii ends up supporting java, u think there may b a nintendo native version fro lwjgl? im think nintendo wii is opengl(its uses ATI "hollywood" dont know if that means opengl). not sure how the controls would port over. (I know PS3 supports opengl, but not java GRRR!!!)

princec

LWJGL could well form the basis for a Wii Java gaming platform, but there'd need to be a bunch of other Wii APIs added as well (as you say, for example, for the controller)

I don't know for sure if the Wii uses OpenGL though... maybe someone enlightened can fill us in.

Cas :)

darkprophet

PS3 is OpenES -- woo!
Wii is OpenGL -- double woo! We already have LWJGL for that

DP

numberR

hey guys,

i'm not catching up with games lately, but was there any mention of Wii using OpenGL? i saw Wii has its GUI running on Linux, but they don't use Linux for games. Linux doesn't even get booted when you just play games.

bobjob

u serious aboat the wii? being opengl, that would b cool if opera ends up supporting applets as it plans 2 on the wii, that means u could run a lwjgl game, only prob is wot native? if its true about the gui being linux, could it b a possibility that opera would b running on linux, ok getting reallllly excited

numberR