LWJGL 0.7

Started by Matzon, August 24, 2003, 21:06:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Matzon

... has been released.

Please read the included README, and post ANY issues in this thread.

//www.lwjgl.org

Matzon

SourceForge is screwing with me ATM, so can't upload docs. will fix as soon as SF fixes their issues

Matzon

just some more info, before people ask :)

Mac:
Been stalling lately.. haven't got an answer why... I have gotten a hold of a G4, and Elias who has the most time, will begin looking at the Mac port too. More info later.

Documentation:
(still not able to upload grrr)
Yes, it's still not acceptable. I have updated the OAL docs, and wanted to delete the OGL one, since I have something else in the pipeline - but time has been an issue lately.
I have two lessons on how to use LWJGL, which just needs to be cleaned up some more - could probably do so tomorrow.
I have ported NeHe 1-10, and will include them in cvs shortly, so they become part of the lwjgl distribution. They are based on the initial port by Chman.

Morgrog

woot!
now where's my linux port? :twisted:

Bah, I'll get the source code and compile it :9

spasi

No problems here, except for the ATI_separate_stencil extension. The functions are there, but the tokens are missing (that should get into an opengl.ati interface). A boolean should be added to GLCaps too.

cfmdobbie

w00t indeed!  Good job all!
ellomynameis Charlie Dobbie.

Matzon

Quote from: "Morgrog"woot!
now where's my linux port? :twisted:

Bah, I'll get the source code and compile it :9

there's a glibc 2.3 version which is for you linux guys. If you have another version, and want to share it - please mail me brian@matzon.dk and I'll post it on the site too

Matzon

Quote from: "spasi"No problems here, except for the ATI_separate_stencil extension. The functions are there, but the tokens are missing (that should get into an opengl.ati interface). A boolean should be added to GLCaps too.

we'll be updating the release shortly, just need to get back from work...

Matzon

I just had a chat with Cas yesterday, and we sorta agreed that the 0.8 release will be focusing on Documentation, Mac OS X support and whatever needs to be cleaned... So unless Elias complains wildly, we're headed in that direction

elias

The ATI_separate_stencil extension is fixed now, sorry about that.

- elias

Morgrog

Quotethere's a glibc 2.3 version which is for you linux guys. If you have another version, and want to share it - please mail me brian@matzon.dk and I'll post it on the site too

Noticed after posting  :roll:

Everything works fine now tho :)

On a side note, I ran the Nehe examples and did you guys notice that the keyboard entry is now extra sensitive? (i.e. when you tap (gently) an arrow key the cube spins furiously...)

Matzon

Quote from: "Morgrog"
On a side note, I ran the Nehe examples and did you guys notice that the keyboard entry is now extra sensitive? (i.e. when you tap (gently) an arrow key the cube spins furiously...)
Err, must be a feature :)
I'll look into it, probably just because the FPS is überhigh and thus the movement is done many times ?

Matzon

To all of you guys complaining about the lack of javadoc and other stuff:
On 2003-08-23, one project file server (of seven) sufferred
a multi-disk failure; data from this file server has been
restored from tape.  The failed server previously served
data for projects starting with the letters j, q, s and y;
and for users starting with the letters c, i, r and z.

(2003-08-25 13:50:56)   We are currently waiting on the completion of a fsck of the filesystem that is still intact from the RAID array that failed. Upon completion of the fsck, we will make available the contents of the filesystem for project's to update their group directory contents, including web pages. We will also make available the current filesystem, which was restored from a backup on the 19th, so that users can update their files at that time. We anticipate the next update regarding this issue to occur the morning of 2003-08-26.

(2003-08-25 06:31:00)   The SourceForge.net team is currently working to resolve the loss of a project fileserver (multi-disk failure); project data has been restored from tape and is currently read-only. Updates to these project web sites have been suspended until final analysis has been completed. User home directories for a small percentage of users are currently offline pending final clean-up from this outage. Additional update to occur in the afternoon of 2003-08-25.

andrewc

I've just been trying the Nehe examples, and noticed a couple of problems.

The mipmapping in Nehe 7 & 8 wasn't working because LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST was applied to the MAG_FILTER instead of MIN_FILTER.

Also in Nehe 7 & 8, when I turn on the lighting effects the cube disappears, and I just get a black screen. I can't see what is wrong. The code seems to be doing the same things as the 0.6 examples, and they ran perfectly. Is it just me?

Otherwise, very nice job  :D

Quote from: "Morgrog"
QuoteOn a side note, I ran the Nehe examples and did you guys notice that the keyboard entry is now extra sensitive? (i.e. when you tap (gently) an arrow key the cube spins furiously...)

Not on my machine it doesn't - time for a faster computer :) The acceleration is not proportional to the frame time like it was before.