OpenIL dlls

Started by MichaelKuntze, November 29, 2004, 09:14:19

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelKuntze

Hi. I was trying to use the DevIL(openIL) implementation of the lwjgl and it seems the required dll is not provided with the installer. I'm not talking about the openIL dll, but the one required for lwjgl and openIL to work. I don't really want to check out the project and try to compile the dll so I was wondering if this was goign to be included in the next version or if there was somewhere I could download the dll?

Matzon

It will be included in the upcomming 0.94 release. For now you can use Chman's dll, though it isn't up to date:
http://chman.kaioa.com/index.php?module=pages&page=lwjgl

MichaelKuntze

Thanks for the quick reply. I will use it even if it is old. I just want to play around with it.

I'm really enjoying lwjgl by the way and I think its great.

Matzon

thanks!
The reason why devil wasn't included in the last release - was because of the rather limited implementation. Since then many more methods have been implemented (still missing a lot though).

The current Devil implementation is rather untested (basic loading works fine though), and we might think of implementing some of the utility methods - especially iluFlipImage which is mind boggling usefull :) But doing so will require some refactoring of the current code to use dynamic loading of methods á la OpenAL & OpenGL.

CaptainJester

Got the dynamic loading built.  Just working through some errors.
The problems of this world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities.  We need men and women who can dream of things that never were. - John Fitzgerald Kennedy(35th US President)
8)