Mouse cursor issue in Mac OS X

Started by llewmason, April 18, 2005, 01:38:25

Previous topic - Next topic

llewmason

Just upgraded from 0.94 to 0.96.

Mostly straightforward fixes to get things working again.

My only problem is the original system mouse cursor won't disappear under Max OS X.  I thought it may be an issue with the order of Mouse.create(), Mouse.setGrabbed(true), window creation or something else.

However, I just tried the space invaders example with -fullscreen, and I get the same issue.  System mouse cursor appears in the center of the screen.

It seems to be related to using OpenAL.
If I remove my sound initialization code (which basically calls AL.create() and then call AL10.alGenSources() a few times), then the mouse cursor disappears correctly.  The sound initialization is done after the display/window creation and after the mouse setup.  If I change the ordering of things around it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Any one else seeing this?

elias

Which version of Mac OS X do you have? 10.3.8 and .9 works fine here (with OAL).

- elias

llewmason

[localhost:~] lmason% java -version
java version "1.4.2_05"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_05-141.4)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2-38, mixed mode)

elias

If you haven't done so already, couldyou try the latest CVS version of the OpanAL library? That's what we're using anyway.

- elias

llewmason

I just downloaded the latest binary install.

Didn't help.

I downloaded the latest from CVS, but couldn't get XCode to build it.  Maybe I have an out-of-date core audio?

However, given that I'm going to be installing Tiger in only a few days, I think I'll leave this until then and see whether that makes any difference first.