Help needed, SWT and LWJGL once again ;-D

Started by EvilOne, May 14, 2004, 08:14:43

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilOne

Hi folks,

A nice thing would be a tutorial on using SWT together with the LWJGL library. I'm in the need to create a level-editor application, but have no idea how to combine SWT and LWJGL.
Any tutorial, source code, etc. would be really nice. Especially, on how to setup a rendering context on a SWT component and working with more than one rendering context.

Writing the SWT component is not the problem, just registering a window class with the styles needed, create the window, and create a rendering context for this. The problem is, how to tell LWJGL to use this context?

Maybe there are some out-of-the-box solutions, already done by other LWJGL users?

I'm a long-time Java coder, but for GUI and realtime rendering stuff I always preferred C++ for the engine and C# and WinForms for GUI development. But now with LWJGL and SWT, there should be no problem to use Java!? :D

Thanks in advance,
E1.
If you got a shiny new hammer, every problem looks like a nail!

fbi

OK...I suppose it's my turn to answer as I did the nasty binding  :wink:
You could take a look at the current implementation of the SWT/LWJGL binding by grabbing it at http://ant1.di.uniba.it/lwjgl/lwjgl_swt_win32.rar.
For the next release (1.0) we should have it as a part of the library and Linux should be supported as well.
Till that moment you could take a look at how to do what you're looking for, browsing the org.lwjgl.test.opengl.Sweet example.
I hope that this could help ya  :wink:

EvilOne

EvilOne

Maybe an offical 0.9b release would be really nice ;-DDDD

Morgrog

I concur with the official version increment  (Display.sync!)

unless too many parts are 'unstable'