WiKi editing problems

Started by CaptainJester, September 14, 2004, 13:08:45

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainJester

I am having problems with some pages.  Every time I click on them I get a timeout error.  Here is one of the pages if someone else could try and see if it works for them:

http://lwjgl.org/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=Nehe+Lesson+7
The problems of this world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities.  We need men and women who can dream of things that never were. - John Fitzgerald Kennedy(35th US President)
8)

garazdawi

I have exactly the same problem and the same with Nehe Lesson 13...The strange thing is that after trying to go to the same page a couple of times you actually get through to it but then when you press like 'edit' nothing happens. I reallyt hope that it doesn't have something to do with that we might have edited the same page at the same time as wiki should support this or block it...
 put the 'laughter' back in 'slaughter'
The LWJGL Wiki Documenation

CaptainJester

Maybe it is a space problem.  I am only getting the problem with newer ones that I have added.
The problems of this world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities.  We need men and women who can dream of things that never were. - John Fitzgerald Kennedy(35th US President)
8)

CaptainJester

I think the indexer might be causing the problems.  i added some of the pages without being on the NeHe Lessons Index, I was just in NeHe Lessons.
8)

garazdawi

That should not cause it...but you never know...atleast now Lesson 13 seems to be working... do you have the code for lesson 7? if so we could just delete the page and try again... I don't have the source so I don't wanna try but maybe you could...

CaptainJester

I have already tried that a couple of times.  It just does not want to work.  If you want to go ahead and try to delete it, I will come back later and try to add it again.  Maybe that will work.
8)

garazdawi

Well now all the links work for me (altough not all of the time, but it usually works after only onw retry...), I've deleted the Nehe Lessons page and this seems to have cause a slight chnage to the better for the loading of the lessons...

CaptainJester

Maybe I will just remove the whole thing and start from scratch.  It is not that hard to put up the content, I am just cutting and pasting my code.  Maybe if I give different file names it will start working.

To get the indexer to work, do you just add "Index" to the end of the file name?
8)

garazdawi

Quote from: "CaptainJester"he indexer to work, do you just add "Index" to the end of the file name?
No you have to go to Wiki->Structures and create a new structure and then add all the pages that you want to be in the structure...

CaptainJester

Quote from: "garazdawiNo you have to go to Wiki->Structures and create a new structure and then add all the pages that you want to be in the structure...[/quote
I can't find "Wiki->Structures".  How do you get there?
8)

garazdawi

After logging in there should be a menubar to the right (with things such as My Wiki and other things) on this you go into Wiki and at the button of the Wiki "folder" you can find structures.. it shouldn't be that hard to find...

EDIT: just checked again for broken links in the tutorials... man theres some really funny random things going on there.. almost all links are broken the first time I try but after a couple of times you get thorugh to the actual page... I really wonder what the problem is...

CaptainJester

I didn't see it, because all it had was

::WiKi

I didn't know you could click on the "::" to open a sub menu.
8)

CaptainJester

Alright, it looks like it is finally working.  Now I'll some more tomorrow.
8)

CaptainJester

WiKi is up to its old tricks.  It looks like it does no like something in the code being entered.  Whe I added the following line, the problems started:
       // Create Nearest Filtered Texture
        GL11.glBindTexture(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, buf.get(0));
        GL11.glTexParameteri(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL11.GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL11.GL_NEAREST);
        GL11.glTexParameteri(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL11.GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL11.GL_NEAREST);
        GL11.glTexImage2D(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL11.GL_RGB, tex.getWidth(), tex.getHeight(), 0, GL11.GL_RGB, GL11.GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, scratch);

// Create Linear Filtered Texture
        GL11.glBindTexture(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, buf.get(1));
        GL11.glTexParameteri(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL11.GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL11.GL_LINEAR);
        GL11.glTexParameteri(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL11.GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL11.GL_LINEAR);
        GL11.glTexImage2D(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL11.GL_RGB, tex.getWidth(),
                          tex.getHeight(), 0, GL11.GL_RGB, GL11.GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, scratch);

// Create MipMapped Texture
        GL11.glBindTexture(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, buf.get(2));
        GL11.glTexParameteri(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL11.GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL11.GL_LINEAR);
        GL11.glTexParameteri(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL11.GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL11.GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST);
        GLU.gluBuild2DMipmaps(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, 3, tex.getWidth(),
                              tex.getHeight(), GL11.GL_RGB, GL11.GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, scratch);

The first occurance of
GL11.glTexImage2D(GL11.GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL11.GL_RGB, tex.getWidth(), tex.getHeight(), 0, GL11.GL_RGB, GL11.GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, scratch);
seems to be the culprit.  Also, it only happens when using {CODE()}{CODE} tags.  Unfortunatly, those are the only tags that do not remove the spacing that allows the code to be readable on the page.
8)

cfmdobbie

Try chopping that line into several parts, see if you can work out exactly what the problem is.

I'd be more inclined to believe that that's the last line it flushes out of its buffer before it encounters a problem which means the rest of the page doesn't get sent.
ellomynameis Charlie Dobbie.